Hansel and Gretel over the weekend!



So today we brought the parents to get our annual fix of Wild Rice pantomine - Hansel and Gretel!

I knew I would enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed the previous ones I have caught with the other half. It was the husby's idea to bring my parents along this time round. I wanted to bring the little nephew but husby was apprehensive if it would be too long for him to endure (but he would enjoy himself! I know he would!) so we didn't eventually.

We were late though! We reached the place only at 2:20 pm when the show was supposed to start at 2:30pm and husby still had to find a parking lot. Parents and I went down first... but what luck! We were still too late and had to wait outside the door while the show started without us. Thank god they let us in within minutes ... I wouldn't want to miss much!


Google-d


I am not going to be a spoiler here but it was really very enjoyable. My parents had a great time and it was so cute to see my parents' reactions towards some of their jokes or crass remarks, which are very typical of these pantomines by WR.

Husby noticed an ang moh in the row in front of us who had a straight face almost throughout the show. This is rather impossible, I feel -  one can really laugh a lot and being a pantomine, there was enough audience 'participation' as the show progresses. We concluded that maybe he just did not 'get it'. The show is very Singaporean with a few splashes of Malay, Mandarin, Singlish and the dialects. Everyone gets to be the brunt of their jokes  ... and issues such as the acclaimed $50 Malay wedding, bus strikes etc etc were aptly included as well. Like my dad said, if one doesn't get it, it means you are just not assimilated into the Singapore culture yet.

Well, perhaps.

I took a vote at the end, for the most favourite character. Both my parents voted for Siti Khalijah while husby went for Sebastian. Me? I was torn between Sebastian and Khalijah! Sebastian was a darn fantastic witch / chef of the candy house! Love him on that stage so so much!! But Khalijah was equally awesome. She had dual roles - a Filipino maid and the chef's assistant and my god, this woman can really do wonders to her characters, u have to watch to know why. And when she belted out a Tagalog song, I was sold! Ok ok.... she gets my vote! HeeHee.

No photos taken at all since we were late and there were too many people for me to pose with one oftheir life-size posters afterwards.

Well, except for one camwhored one.......



I love my polka dot shawl from Princess Arabia (FB)! Flowered brooch was from IORA boutique.


It was a good outing,definitely.... and this has definitely helped cheer me up :)

If u are going to watch the musical, I am very sure it is worth your money. If you are not, hey , why not???





0 comments: