Birthday @ Universal Studio and Festive Hotel (Part 1)

And finally , the hubby turned a year older!

Both of us always try to come up with different ideas for our birthday celebrations. After many years , one can run out of ideas. I mean , Singapore is small and has limited attractions . It can probably last us for just a couple more years before we go back to the standard routine of movie-dinner-presents... which is not bad actually. Slower pace and less stress :P

I was trying hard to make his birthday this year just as memorable as the past ones when I figured out, hey , why not the Universal Studios? It has been opened for quite some time already and due to our busy schedules, we have yet to step into it.

So that was it! USS, it shall be! However, my friends suggested purchasing the Express Pass so that you can beat the queues. I went ahead to book online and my , my! What a hole burnt in the pocket! I knew the tickets would cost about $72 on a weekend but I was not prepared for the $49.90 price tag for the Express Pass. The total cost was ($72 + $49.90) x 2 = $243.80 just to enter! *faints* Luckily the online site is having a 20%off for Mastercard booking (for entry tickets only) so that saved me quite a few bucks.

Sidetrack: Hubby and mum share the same birthday. Since I was planning a little surprise for her on the actual day (13th Nov), the USS trip was done a day in advance.

And so, on a not-so-bright-pray-it-won't-rain Saturday morning, we finally stepped into USS.


Still looking fresh!





There were so many cute figurines even before we stepped into USS. Pinohchio, the Three Lil Pigs, Humpty Dumpty etc.We snapped pic with almost all.... it is like all our childhood stories come true.






Boo!




It was like stepping into a totally new world. I wish all the trees in the country are  like those found in USS. Pretty!



We got the Express pass for an extra $50 each and skipped the queue...all the way to the front!




To the 4D Shrek show. Just ok , I feel. Had higher expectations.




Unfortunately , it rained at about noon but this lil girl was obviously  having her own fun time.

Stupid faces as we took shelter and trying to decide where to go.

We figured out the best was to go and take the Mummy Ride that everyone raves about. It is indoors so we only had to brave the rain to go there.













 Did I chicken out from taking the indoor roller coaster?

Of course not! Honestly, I was very fearful of rollercoasters... the last time I rode in one was many many years ago and I do not even think any of you would find it scary. But hey , I paid so much I'd better ride on all that I could find! Haha....

I bought the photoshot (yes, I looked really scared) ... but I shall post that photo at the end of this entry.

Of all the attractions,  I like New York City the most. Must save money ... hope to be at the real NYC in 2 years! Hehe... :P

We really had a lot of fun together and wished that we could continue the next day.

But hey , the celebration did not stop there! Actually, I think it was a good birthday gift for husby. I know he enjoyed himself tremendously , despite the rain ... and as always, we shopped ! For quite a bit.. I wouldn't want to disclose how much damage was done though.

Without his knowledge , of course, I had actually booked a night at Festive Hotel . Since we could check in by 3pm, I figured out it would make it easier for us to do our afternoon and evening prayers and then go back into USS.

It was a nice surprise and as much as I know he liked it , I think I liked it more. Haha..... That would go into the next entry  - Part 2! Will be up soon!

And now, as promised, my priceless photos on the rollercoasters :)







I looked quite scared and wary, yah? This was the first ride, we took the ride twice. It was sooooooooo fun I felt like doing it over and over  again!

Battlestar Galaticca


Of course, I had to take this! I was determined to overcome my fear of these thrilling rides. We took the red one first (red- HUMAN, blue-CYCLON)...oh gosh! For some parts, I felt like my heart was literally jumping out of my mouth!It was exhilarating and I told myself , I shall take the even more terrifying BLUE one!

Anyway, here's a shot on the Battlestar. Go on and laugh ...I looked really ridiculous :)




And with that , I end Part 1. Shall aim to complete Part 2 by end of the week. I am busy with admin matters for the school Hongkong Trip.

Adios!


0 comments: