Kids and technology

TSK .

On one hand, I am impressed with how kids nowadays are so tech-savvy.

On the other hand, it can get pretty scary. At such a young , tender age, they are already so updated with using iphones, laptops, ipads etc ... challenges ahead must be way tougher than what the older generation had in their childhood days.

Just take my darling nephew as an example.He is not even 2 yrs old yet, one of his favourite pastimes would be to surf through his youtube videos. Heck, he even has his own folder where we parked all his favourite videos. He knows how to maneuver around with his mums iphone - just tell him which application you want and he will know how to locate , open and start it.

Sometime back , I was doing some verbal spelling with him - such as I.B.U for Ibu (mum), LOCK ( he sees this word in the car all the time ), ABAH (dad) and some others when I decided to carry on with the spelling on Microsoft Word. I enlarged the fonts and started to type out the letters and spelled out with him  (yup, this boy knows the whole alphabet by heart!).

A few days ago, we were at the PC , about to embark on his daily dosage of "Five Little Ducks" (on youtube) when he started pressing the letters to those few words he knows how to spell. So clever! We spent quite some time on this .... and now, he is happy to spell everything that he sees - whether the spelling is correct or not , it doesn't matter! Eg: A PNJ PKP - APPLE! And he would just continue 'spelling' things . FUNNY.

Anyway , back to kids and technology , we were doing some Hari Raya shopping last month. After about 4 hours of walking , he got pretty tired and actually sat down on the floor. While resting, he took my brother's handphone and did this...




He actually said," 1, 2, 3 ...SMILE!" and snapped
his own portrait.


I am sure he is not the only kid around who does this. One of my colleagues even bought a laptop for her 2 year-old son!

GOSH. KIDS nowadays.

These are some of the camwhoring / other photos he took . He likes his right foot a lot.

LOL.

His right and left feet on different occasions.

One of the common victims of his photography ...heheh...









Camwhoring



Getting the daily dosage of his favourite pastime


Sometimes, I find it a little scary with the way kids and technology go. Somehow, I think I prefer my simpler childhood :)

How was yours?
































0 comments: