Reasons why I don't blog

Well, if you ever noticed, I have been really slow in blogging the past few weeks.

Yes, I have been real busy with the prelim markings, setting of exam papers, preparing my students for a public performance and the usual work - life routine.

But there are some other reasons why I choose not to blog. Some may be acceptable but sometimes, I just wish I have more discipline to blog!

1) There is always the option of doing something else
  
When I have time to spare, though it doesn't come often, I can always blog BUT sometimes , I just choose to do something else. It could be reading a book , surfing the Net or watching the TV. I can just be  a slacker and not use the brains ( yeah... forming sentences to blog etc actually works the brain). Notice that I don't sleep. I don't like to sleep unless absolutely necessary - eg: if I am going out at night or I am just totally fried.

2) I have a burning issue on hand but I am not sure if I dare to address it. 

This happened once or twice. There was once I really wanted to blog about gays and another time about racial issues. I was trying to figure out a more diplomatic way to go about writing because at that time, I felt so strongly for the issue but I did not want to come across as offensive. I guess  I just got tired and forgot about it. Wished I am as brave as Xiaxue and just shoot!

3) Procastination. 

This is the absolute worst! Why? Because I drafted the above last Thursday and today is already MOnday. I actually allowed 5 days to pass just like that....


Grrrr..... so now u know why , if I seem to disappear.... 

4 comments:

Ken Wooi said...

i always procrastinate too =P

FairyQueen said...

ken> it's a very bad habit to possess... urgh!

Iqa said...

2) I have a burning issue on hand but I am not sure if I dare to address it.

Please blog about this. :)

FairyQueen said...

Iqa> hahaha!!!! We shall see... sensitive issue ah...