JB-cation

We have been toying with the idea actually but never got down to serious business.

It was on Thursday night that we decided to have a JB-cation -- a one night stay in Johor Bahru the next day! We wanted my parents and nephew to join us.... unfortunately , sister wanted her son home by midnite ( so Cinderella.....) thus, we had to make do with them joining us only till then ....

After a few websites visited, we decided on Puteri Pacific Hotel .





As you can see, the hotel was rather impressive when we first stepped in. The lobby was massive, with sparkling floors and very friendly staff. But I wished the swimming pool had undergone some kind of upgrading,

We were early , we reached at 1:30pm when the chec- in time was 3pm. The front desk people promised to get the room ready asap while we went for lunch. Fair enough. We were waiting for my parents and nephew to arrive so the waiting time was justified.



Montel was extremely excited. He got even more excited when he saw hubby with a luggage or trolley-bag, as he prefers to call it, since he had one too!

To my disappointment, the room was still not ready when we returned at 3:30pm {MINUS 1 POINT}. I was quite pissed but you know, not wanting to appear like a 'typical' Singaporean, I maintained my cool :)

Finally, going into the room!

Checking out the room!




I would say everything was in pretty good condition. Very clean , and seriously, the flooring really sparkled! Look at how somebody embraced a new love for the bed!






There was no bathrobes though ... which was a little surprising since it is supposed to be a 4-star hotel. But never mind lah... not important.

We just spent the rest of the afternoon soaking ourselves in the swimming pool. I know MOntel thoroughly enjoyed the activity . So did we, especially with his cute antics!




After that we went to the nearby PLaza Kotaraya before going back to the hotel for dinner. PK is linked to the hotel by an underpass and it takes only about two mins to get across. However, there wasn't much for us to buy ...I did get some brooches though.

View of hotel exterior during the night


We had dinner at Kai Xuan Restaurant and I would say it was a great experience.

We had rice with venison meat, mango prawn , kai lan and roasted duck (ok, I didn't touch this because ducks are just too cute to be eaten. Like rabbits...). The food was quite fantastic , I would say , and the service was just excellent - attentive and personal. And to top it off, the whole meal only cost RM179!!! That is about $77 only.

For such great food and service, it was definitely money well-spent.

Day 2 - After breakfast ,w e walked to City Square Mall. Just a mere five minutes walk.... I am really glad we chose this hotel as it is just very accessible to the malls. I forgot to bring my camera out though. That was such a waste because I wanted to take pictures of so many things along the way :(

The last time I went to City Square Mall was probably 6 years back and it is very much better now. We shopped for quite a bit before checking out.

I felt that another night there would be perfect but since we are going to Bintan next week , I guess that should suffice.

Anyway, if anyone is planning on a JB-cation, I recommend Puteri Pacific Hotel. Really worth the moolah :)

0 comments: