Prawning @ Pasir Ris

Goodness....

I am just like an old computer system - super lagging in updating my blog.

I have had a pretty eventful two weeks that I keep postponing any updates.

Well, there are about another 2 and a half weeks before the school holidays end. So if you are keen to bring your kids/nephews/cousins or just urself and partner for an activity away from the usual busy city life, why not try prawning?

That was exactly what we did at Mainland Tropical Farm in Pasir Ris. We went  with the usual 'gang' (parents + nephews) and my grandpa and cousins.

Almost like what you would expect at a farm....




I didn't know prawning cost a lot .... I thought it would be $20 and you can sit there the whole day. Quite dumb of me, on hindsight.

I think it was $15 for one hour, $25 for two hours and $32 for 3 hours. We went for the 3 hours slot as dad claimed you need that much time to be satisfied... Ok lor..... so we got 4 rods and soon started our expedition!


Although the bait was just chicken meat (provided), I didn't dare to touch it! I kept thinking they were worms...



This was nephew's 2nd time at prawning and also the second time that he broke the rod! $15 gone! Dad was 'scolding' him.Look at his 'pitiful' face... he was so quiet after that...hahah


But seriously, I think he did it on purpose. So that he could play with the rod at comfort level! Tsk tsk...

Mommy was the first one to catch a prawnie!

After that , it was waiting time......



Very cute, right????? The rod that doesn't touch water... but he looks like such a pro....



Husby and I realised that this was not really our cup of tea... so we brought Mustaqim around the place and had fun in our own way....


The old-fashioned swing.....

Feeding the ducks......

And the fishes.....

That took up about 45 mins ...he got so tired that he decided to get his daily fix of Youtube videos....




Anyway, husby and I managed to catch 3 prawns before we got bored again. LOL. I seriously think we suffer from ADHD and cannot possibly just sit down and wait. We just had to move around....

And fortunately, there is a fish spa just next to the prawning pond! We decided to soak our feet in for 30 mins... anything to beat the boredom!!!


Washing feet...

Look at them!!!! Gnawing away at the skin of his right calf which is healing from a surgery. THe fishes take their job very seriously!

But somebody was scared.....hahhaa... that was the nearest he got to the fishes!

About an hour after that, it was finally time to go home. Everyone managed to catch some prawns but our basket had the most !!! Eight HUGE juicy ones!

We had a lot to thank my mum for ... she caught the rest for us! She asked for commission but obviously I ignored her ....LOL.....


They looked good even before being cooked!

You can actually start BBQ-ing your prawns immediately for consumption. EVerything is provided. But make sure no meat is involved at all :)

However, we decided to just grill them at home...

Yummylicious!!!!

And that was our simple dinner that night. Just steaming rice, juicy prawns and Chilli sauce. Licked clean in ten minutes!

Overall, it was an okay experience. I think the presence of family made it memorable :)

It is definitely an alternative to the city's hustle and bustle ...





0 comments: